Watch & listen to Rev. Kola & Funke's latest messages.
Purchase life-changing products from our E-store.
E-Mail Sign Up
Benefits of Cultivating Your Passion for God - Rev. Kola Ewuosho
1. You will keep knowing God more and more! There is no end to our knowledge of God. Knowing God will include knowing He is doing in your life and wants to do through you.
Jeremiah 9:24 - "But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord, Who practices loving- kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord."
2. You will grow in confidence where God is concerned! God confidence! When His power is needed you will have the confidence that you will experience it!
Psalm 37:4-11 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass. And He will make your uprightness and right standing with God go forth as the light, and your justice and right as [the shining sun of] the noonday. Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him; fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; fret not yourself—it tends only to evildoing. For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait and hope and look for the Lord [in the end] shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the evildoers will be no more; though you look with care where they used to be, they will not be found. But the meek [in the end] shall inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
3. You will know His plans for your life and have a sense of direction for the future. We need to see our jobs as the platform God has given us to do His will in reaching out to people!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."
4. You will regularly draw on His wisdom, strength, grace and whatever you need for a victorious life from Him.
5. You will be a greater blessing to others as you grow or cultivate your passion for God. He wants to cause His power and wisdom to flow through you to bless, deliver and turn things around for people around you. People tend to know where the solution to their problems lie. When you are close to God they unconsciously seek your involvement in their lives!
Colossians 3:23-24 - "Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah)."
6. You will enter into your rest in faith in many areas of your life as you cultivate your passion for God. Many times we fail to receive because we do not labour to enter into our rest.
Hebrews 4:11-12 - "Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves], that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell]. For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two- edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."
7. You will enjoy walking with God. He will show you things to come, cause you to understand His seasons for your life, and bring you to the place of intimate fellowship with Him.
Psalm 119:47-50 - "For I will delight myself in Your commandments, which I love. My hands also will I lift up [in fervent supplication] to Your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on Your statutes. Remember [fervently] the word and promise to Your servant, in which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction: that Your word has revived me and given me life."
Psalm 119:92-100 - "Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life). I am Yours, therefore save me [Your own]; for I have sought (inquired of and for) Your precepts and required them [as my urgent need]. The wicked wait for me to destroy me, but I will consider Your testimonies.d I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity]. Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me. I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]."